Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rough Week



Knight Drew

You know when you have an idea of how something should go in your head and it just doesn't go as planned? Yeah, I had a few of those moments this week. Tuesday we took a mid-week trip back home to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday. The next day we went to UT dental school for my brother to fill a cavity on one of Drew's back teeth. The xray looked to be a minor cavity....once Dr. Cory started drilling it was deeper so, we walked away with a nice silver tooth. (not my favorite, but Drew's proud of it....) While he was getting the filling, Reese was getting very antsy, so I decided that we'd go for a drive. Well, we're driving along, following all traffic rules and BAM! a car pulls out of a gas station and hits the front right side of the car. Thankfully, we were in stop and go traffic so we weren't going fast and neither of us were hurt-Reese just bit her tongue, but the truck got hit pretty good. We pulled over into the gas station, the guy gets out and sees if we're ok, as I'm calling the police, he says "I'm just going to pull around the corner" (yeah, you know where this is going...) He takes off....but, yes, there are good people in the world and a guy got his license plate number for me. So, maybe the police will catch him. that 's my mid week craziness....


Saturday, Drew had another soccer game. Pops and Barbar and our neighbors came out to the game-fun times. Reese's new thing is to attempt a front roll, as you see in the picture. She also loves to tell you no, no, no while shaking her finger at you-funny! The afternoon was spent watching Kentucky beat LSU!!! Can you believe it?! Andy's a big UK fan-go big blue!!!!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Sorry you had a stinky week. Thank goodness for the guy who got the license # off that other car for you. I hope the cops find him! And the silver tooth... I'm guessing it's a baby tooth, so eventually it will be gone. Maybe that makes it a wee bit better. I hate weeks like that where everything piles up at once!

Becky said...

Bless your heart! You have had a rough week!! I hope they catch that guy that hit you... not cool! Looks like Drew did great at the dentist and I love Reese's forward roll! SO cute! Hang in there... this week will be better!! :)

Courtney said...

Oh Stacy, I am glad to see you blogging, but I wish it was on a happier note! I am so sorry and am glad no one was hurt badly. What a jerk by the way. I hope they catch him! Is Drew going to be scared of your brother now? I would be, the dentist isn't my favorite place to go! Wasn't that a great game - I hate LSU. Talk to you soon!

the robertsons said...

Man, that IS a bad week! You were in Memphis, right? That story is typical of Memphis drivers. I'm so sorry that happened. The dental school is in a "shady" part of town. I hope your brother hasn't had too much trouble here. I pumped water in my gas tank at a GAS STATION a couple of years ago, and it sucked. I guess I was crazy to trust that gas would come out the tank.
Drew and Reese are so precious. I hope this week is better!

lyla said...

that's NO fun--so sorry you guys had a wreck. i hope they catch him. your pics are so cute! lilly had that dress that reese has on! we were so excited about kentucky too! and sad tonight when they lost--but we pulled for them!