Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The birds






I'm not a huge pet fan. Now don't get me wrong, some of you have some adorable pets, but they are just not for me in this phase of life. So, I want to tell you of our version of pets. On our front door I have a decorative planter w/fake greenery. Well, a bird liked it so much that it decided to build a nest in it. Over the past two months we have enjoyed watching the bird build it's nest, lay eggs, and now the eggs have hatched. At first there were four, but two fell out of the nest and Andy had to "bury" them. Drew was sad and prayed that the came back to life-sweet. We've enjoyed watching them grow and they look like they will fly away any day. Since they are on our front door, everyone has to use the side door to come into the house. (I have visions of birds flying in the house-not good) So, that's our educational bird story.


Last week a few of the LU girls got together in Nashville to catch up and meet Ms. McKinley, April's baby. It was so good to hang out and catch up. The kids had fun too!
Also last week my sister in law graduated from dental hygeine school. Isn't she cute-she's about 20 weeks pregnant and will find out Friday what she's having.

5 comments:

Angie said...

A bird took up residence on our front door last year, too. What is it about those wreaths that make such a tempting spot for nest building? :) It sure is neat to get to watch the whole process with the baby birds.

Julie and Chris said...

Hey ...Yes fun times to be had in Jonesboro...I Am so glad that blue carpet is gone!! HA! I didn't know you were going to be an aunt! Congrats!! That is great!! I can't believe little Cory will be a dad!! That is awesome!!
I hope to see you soon!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

Glad you had a safe trip to the graduation. Your sister-in-law does look cute! And what a good picture of Reese's big, blue eyes.

Courtney said...

How funny! I am glad you guys had fun getting together! I wish I could see all of those girls!!! :) Happy Mother's Day!

Ryan and Michelle said...

You all look great! I am so sorry I had to miss out. Hopefully we can all get together again soon. Happy Mother's Day!