Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Kindergarten

Drew asked Dad to put "jelly" in his hair and spike it (just like Dad)
Reese and Drew acting silly before we left
Drew and his teacher
After school ice cream (a very messy experience on a hot summer day in the car )
Drew and DeeDee


Yes, you read it correctly....my baby started KINDERGARTEN today. My, my how time has flown by-He had a great first day (except for Mom taking pictures but so was every other mother!) We walked him in then Reese and I went to the library for a parents breakfast-yum!





This afternoon he gave me the play by play of the day. He even said his little "girl friend" tried to hold his hand-funny! The only part of Kindergarten that he doesn't like is that his "best buddy" is in another class. (that will only happen how many times in life?!) After school we went up to the big school to see Dad and tell everyone about our day. Then, we topped it off with a trip to Sonic for some ice cream. Reese enjoyed all the excitement too- the bubble machine was on as we walked into school. Bubbles are so fun to play in!





We also have a friend of ours, DeeDee,coming to school with us. Andy and I have the joy of being some of the many "extra" parents for him this year. He is a sweet, smart kid that lives in the inner city. There will be some tough times, but we pray that his experience and the opportunity at our school will help him grow spiritually and intellectually.

Another topic...

Have you read The Shack by William Young? It was amazing. I have not been much of a reader since I've had kids and usually cringe at the idea of reading a book. But, Andy told me I had to read it-I'm so glad I did. I cried the entire time and the book was truly a worship experience. It's a must read!

6 comments:

Julie and Chris said...

Wow Stacy... I can't believe he is in school!! Wow how time flies!! They are really growing up!!! Any tears shed? I know I will one day!! Even with the girl I nanny for!! They grow too fast!!
I hope all is well!

TheGlissonFamily said...

Wow--it's hard to believe he's in Kindergarten. It sounds like you all had a good first day.
I just finished the Shack a few weeks ago and agree with you that it was a great book.
Thanks for the update!
Rebekah

Angie said...

Kindergarten?! I'm glad he did so well on his first day!

Courtney said...

Drew looks so cute for his first day of school! Reese is such a mini-Stacy! I love it!

Amy said...

I can't believe Drew has already started kindergarten! They grow up so fast. Hope he has a great year and loves school! :)

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

I, too, loved the fact that Drew wanted Dad to jelly up his hair. Glad he's enjoying school. And Reese is looking like a little Stacy. Hope you had a good trip to Chattanooga.