Monday, May 28, 2007

Spontaneous




Happy Memorial Day to you! I spent last week at the beach....with 27 high school cheerleaders at cheer camp. Both teams won the home pom routine division. Way to go girls! I really enjoyed spending time with the girls getting to know them better. Reese had a great time too! She's not a fan of the beach but loved the pool. While we were off doing the beach/cheer thing Drew and Andy had a good "guys week" Drew went to the river with 5 of the high school guys and a very trustworthy set of parents who Drew adores. Should I be worried that my 3 1/2 year old is hanging out with high schoolers?! The guys were great and love him to pieces!


So here's the reason for the "Spontaneous" title As you all know, I'm not the most spontaneous person around-I like to plan and prepare for everything. So, yesterday I let some friends talk me into running the Cotton Row 5K race with them. Let me remind you that even though 3.1 miles is not that far, I have not trained one single bit for this! I was at the beach all last week and prior to that I can't remember the last time I've run more than 2 miles. Needless to say, I was not prepared and my goal was to finish. It was so hot to top things off. But, I finished just 2 1/2 minutes behind a friend who trained. Drew decided he wanted in on the racing fun so he and Andy ran the 1 mile fun run.. Andy said that half way through he was ready to quit but they kept on going. It turned out to be a fun morning hanging out with friends. Tonight we're off to a friend's for a highly competitive kickball game and cookout.

10 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

Way to go Stacy! I wish I could "just run" in a 5K with no training!! You look awesome!!

Courtney said...

Go Stacy! Reese is so pretty! She is really growing isn't she? I love the pic of Drew running, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'd love to see pictures of your house redo when you get a chance! E-mail me and let me know how everything went in Fairview. I have picked fabric for the nursery and I'm having the bumper and skirt made and then I'll just try to find sheets, blankets, etc. to match. I'm anxious to get it all done! And Mckinley is the name - just trying to figure out the best spelling . . check my blog and let me know what you think. Can't wait to see you in July!!

Amy said...

Wow Stacy! Great job running the 5K. It looks like Drew enjoyed his run, too! I can't believe how big Reese is getting. She and Drew are so cute!

I just read your comment on our blog . . . too bad about Drew's haircut distress. That can't be easy! Hayden didn't get too upset, we just had a hard time keeping his head still. He wanted to watch the stylist's every move!

Laurie said...

oh. I have never not seen you in GREAT shape!!! I'm glad you kicked booty!

Angie said...

I'm so impressed with your running!

Anonymous said...

Stacy,

What fun family pictures. Reese is beautiful! And, way to go Drew! I’m impressed with his athletic skills. Have a relaxing weekend.

Bradford L. Stevens said...

I thought cheerleader coaches were supposed to be able to do things like run a 5k? Or, was that wives of basketball coaches? In either event, way to go Stacy!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.