Monday, July 21, 2008

The latest adventures

Us in front of the lake-it was so hot!
We stopped at the chapel and rested a bit
Casey and me
Drew in the rocket's shower
Andy and Scott ready for the Space Shot
The whole gang at the end of the day
Drew (in the middle w/hat) riding the kid version of Space Shot
Reese and Drew


Since I began working with FCA, one of the perks has been being able to go on some great couples getaways. Last weekend my parents came in town to take care of the kids and Andy and I went to Callaway Gardens for the retreat. I had never heard of it -what a great find! It's in Georgia. (Courtney, I saw signs to Palmetto and thought of you!) It's beautiful-butterfly gardens, bike trails, walking trails, beach, golfing, and much more. Andy and I spent Saturday afternoon biking and watched the Florida St. circus. (yes, you heard me right-FSU had a circus act that performs there in the summer) After biking the trails, I am now wanting a bike. If you have any bike buying tips, let me know!





This past weekend, our good friends Scott and Casey from TN called and we planned a trip to the Space and Rocket Center for the day. We had a good time....Reese enjoyed running around, Drew thought the rockets were cool. Has anyone rode the space shot before? You strap in and all of the sudden, you are shot up in the air-it's been a long time since I've rode a "thrill ride" . We ended the day with a fabulous meal at Rosie's-the absolute best mexican place to eat. Thanks Scott and Casey for making the trip!





Drew starts Kindergarten in 2 weeks. He tells everyone he sees, stranger or not, that he's 5 and going to kindergarten. Reese's new favorite things are going to the big girl potty, singing abc's and counting to 10. (then clapping and saying yeah, so everyone knows she's done)








3 comments:

Courtney said...

How fun! I have been to Callaway Gardens for the lights at Christmas, but haven't been for the actual garden part! :) Looks like you guys are staying busy! The kids are so cute and I can't believe Drew starts kindergarten!!!! Crazy how time flies...

Anonymous said...

We went to Callaway Gardens several times as a kid for family vacation - my parents sent me to circus camp during the day! I can't believe Drew is about to start real school - crazy! I'm glad you guys are having a fun summer!

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

You have been doing some traveling. Glad you found Callaway Gardens. I've only been to the area park not the gardens, but groups from home usually go for the lights too or the butterflies.

I've got to tour the space center sometime. We wanted to do that this summer but haven't done so yet.

Congrats Reese on the big girl potty!